2nd Annual PCP Medical Ambassadors Retreat
Friday, November 13, 2020
8:30 – 11:00 pm EST
7:30 – 10:00 pm CST
6:30 – 8:30 pm MST
5:30 – 8:00 pm PST
Saturday, November 14, 2020
11:00 am – 2:30 pm EST
10:00 am – 1:30 pm CST
9:00 am – 12:30 pm MST
8:00 am – 11:30 am PST
Amidst the challenges of 2020, we want to look forward to 2021 with hope and wisdom. This retreat will create thoughtful sessions where the Holy Spirit can inspire us, even through virtual connections. Our goal is to galvanize the Continuing Education aspects of the work, create parameters for success, enhance the collaboration with our Congolese counterparts, and build stronger relationships within one another through an easily accessed online event. This retreat is for both experienced PCP Medical Ambassadors and those new to the program wanting to learn.
We hope you can join us!
Ann Hagensen, RN
PCP Medical Ambassadors
The purpose of this retreat is to create a learning environment for health professionals interested in any type of involvement with PCP Medical Ambassador’s work in Congo. Establish working parameters for specific aspects of this work to include:
- Connecting personally in our common interest to serve the work in Congo
- Enhance the interrelationships with our Congolese partners who will join us for a special session
- Exploring new ways to create, support and encourage our Congolese counterparts through teaching and training and communication.
- Reflect on/discuss parameters that help measure and track our work as an organization and as Resource Groups.
- Establish basic aspects of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the CEUM Medical Department and PCP Medical Ambassadors
- Welcome & Overview of the PCP Medical Ambassadors
- History of Paul Carlson Partnership
- Updates on current PCP projects in Congo
- Overview of Covenant Church of Congo (CEUM) health system
- Introducing our Congolese medical colleagues
- Cultural Discussion with Partners in Congo
- Reflection and Discussion
- Group Sessions:
- Group A: Enhancing Our Partnership with Medical Leadership of CEUM
- Group B: Resource Groups and Involvement with the PCP Medical Ambassadors
- Group C: Organizing Dental Care Resource Group
- Discussion/reflection time of group sessions